Balta Brailei Natural Park
Starting with Balta Brailei, the Danube enters its lowest course, the geography of the area being defined by the many branches, swamps, ponds and islands composing the natural reserve. There are several isolated fishing villages which contribute to the serenity of the landscape. Because it is less known than the Danube Delta and it is very isolated, the tourism here is almost inexistent, giving the area an authentic feel.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderat
Group Size Medium Group
The natural heritage is very rich in both physical features and the biodiversity of the ecosystem, the natural reserve being situated along some of the most important migratory bird routes between Africa and Northern Europe.
There are several options regarding the accommodation in the area: camping for those willing to embark in a wild adventure or local guesthouses for those willing to interact with the locals and taste traditional culinary products. We will set all the details together depending on your needs.
The journey is guided by our yeam of guides, very friendly, professional and fluent in english, led by Nichita.
Nichita, also the founder of the company, is a licensed Danube guide, ecologist and geographer, who was born and raised on the Danube’s side.
Depending on your needs, as a licensed tour operator we can provide a wide range of services. In any case, all the tours we organize typically include the following:
Pick up service and transfer to the starting point of the tour
Full touring kayak equipment, kayak, paddle, life vest. You can choose between three types of kayaks:
- tandem touring kayak- DAG BIWOK (5,3m)
- single touring kayak- DAG MIOK (5,05m)
- single touring kayak- AQUARIUS TREK (4,3m)
All kayaks are equipped for long journeys, have plenty of space for the equipment and are very versatile regarding the needs of the kayaker.
– professional guides
– full camping equipment, if camping is preferred
– camping access
– guesthouse accomodation in single/twin/double in local guesthouses, if accommodation is preferred
– all meals during the tour
- personal spendings and drinks, other than offerred by us
- the cost of extra days spent in Romania (we can offer our services for visiting other places as well)
- Pick up at the airport/other meeting point we previously decide together
- Transfer to the guesthouse/camping close to the starting point of the tour
Kayak journey along the channels of the nature reserve. Depending on your needs, we will decide the itinerary and activities together.
Transfer to the airport/other point
If you prefer accommodation, there are several options. Camping is also a grea alternative, as well.